Friday, April 18, 2008

Dying of a heart failure

Today I received a shocking news from my mom. His younger brother a.k.a my uncle, which we call Pak Tam, is diagnosed with cronic Hepatitis B. He already shows his jaundice, and the heart is already infected. He's only in his late 40's. His eldest daughter is 23 (i guess), just graduated and is working with the largest oil company in our country. His youngest son is still in high school. His wife is a full time housewife. Why am I telling everything about him here? Because he will be the fourth person in the family who will die because of heart failure. The first was my late grandfather, which I never met. He also died in his 40's, and I was not even exist then. The second was my late youngest uncle, which I called Pak Cik. He died in his late 30's, leaving 3 young kids and a wife. The third is my second youngest aunt, who just left her husband, a 16 year-old son and a 12-year old daughter on 1.1.08. That is not included my youngest sister-in-law, who died at the age of 21. Though they were all died due to heart failure, I am not sure if it was due to cronic Hepatitis B, which led to liver cancer. I am not worry about my uncle, but I am worry about the people whom he will leave behind. His young family.

If I am not mistaken, if he cannot recover from the illness, he will be gone by 3 months from now. I am not a doctor, but I have met 3 persons, who had been diagnosed and gone in just few months. There is nothing much one can do. There is nothing much I can do also to prevent myself from getting the same desease. I guess it is just Allah's way to take our life in a very grateful manner, by giving us time to do whatever we need, to prepare us to go back to Him.
Subhanallah....

And I also think that, as soon as we are born to this world, we start our dying process...

No comments: