Thursday, October 10, 2013

New beginning...

It has been a long time that this space has been neglected by yours truly. A lot of things happened, my life has completely change - new job, new employer, new house....

Most probably I am not the same person I used to be. I was living a busy life, pusuing my dream that I forgot about this little corner, until I finally sit down, found myself lost, and I think I need a space to think out loud. That reminds me of this little corner. I have a new commitment to make, and I need to be inspired. I hope to share my life journey to achieve this new commitment and inspire others.

I'm not a big dreamer, I'm always grateful for what I have. For that, to have a lot of money and to be rich is not my ultimate desire. I'm ok with my job as long as I don't have to sacrifice my family in order to be seen as a successful career woman. For that, to be in Top Management is also not my ultimate desire. In fact I already accomplished my "material" dream which was aiming at 35 yo - a comfortable house for 6 + 2 + 1 people, a good car that can ferry all of us comfortably, got myself a Master degree, a job with a decent salary to take care my simple needs and desire.

My next destination is to celebrate my 40th birthday without regret. Nothing material. My eldest daughther will be 15 yo, and the youngest son will be 10 yo. My parents, if panjang umur (Insya Allah), will be closed to 70. I hope it would not be too late for me to be a stay-at-home mum at that time, though deep inside my heart I wish I could do that right now right here. For that, paying off my debt and to have some savings are my ultimate desire.

My activities for the next 5 years would be:
1- educate my kids in the best possible way that I can to prepare them for their teenage years.
2- hold on to my current job
3- get my self an IR title
4- no family travelling aka long distance vacation (need to increase my savings!)

What no# 1, 2 & 3 mean is I do not have time to do extra job to increase my income. The only thing that I can do financilaly is to work around my fixed salary.

No# 1, 2 & 3 also mean that I have to manage my daily activities efficiently. I'm grateful to have a stay-at-home maid which will help me in my routine home chores - laundry, basic cooking, basic house cleaning, plus drive my kids to and from school. So, this little corner of world wide web space will be a place for me to track my progress, inspire myself and possibly inspire others who have the same desire as me.

Cheers.

No comments: