Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Making homemade Kaya...

heat 1 and 1/2 cup of sugar until it caramelized. Add 1/2 cup of water to make it cool down a bit, then add 2 cups of coconut milk. Stir. In the meanwhile, beat 6 of whole eggs and 1/2 cup of sugar. then pour into the coconut milk mixture and stir until the texture turn into kaya. Add pandan leaf for a nice kaya smell....hmmm...

I really love the idea of back to basic. Plant and do your own food. It's not just more fun, but it's healthy and hygenic too. At least I know what I put into my stomach! What I want to do...

1. Learn how to bake a bread (to go with my own-made kaya..)
2. Plant herbs. I already have daun kari, serai, pandan ulam raja, pegaga, daun cekur, kunyit, daun kesum.. I need to add limau nipis, limau purut and chilli.
3. Learn how to make my own fertilizer (hmmm...)

There are times that I feel like my cooking is better than the restaurant's. Just because I know what I put inside.

No comments: